Monday 11 June 2012

Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray

As we start to get officially into summer, not that you would be able to tell with the lovely British weather lately, my skin’s feeling the change. In the winter my skin becomes extremely dry and it’s a mission to keep it moisturised, however, as we move into the spring and summer months my skin comes more under the dry-combination category with dry cheeks and, by midday, an oily t-zone. 

Taking this into account I’ve been on the search for a good setting spray to help me keep my makeup on all day. I’d heard amazing reviews for the Skindinavia setting spray products, but since they aren’t that easy to get a hold of in the UK, I thought I’d give the Urban Decay All Nighter a go since it is produced by Skindinavia.

The all-nighter spray claims to keep makeup evenly distributed so that it looks just applied for 16 hours. It is also said to be infused with a cooling technology. After applying your makeup you simply hold the spray bottle 30 cm away from your face and spray evenly two to four times. My first thought was, “ok this is sticky”, but it dries in just a few seconds! I’ve been using this spray for nearly 3 months now every single day to the point where I don’t feel the need to wear a primer underneath my makeup anymore and the bonus of not even finishing the bottle yet! I’m not sure that I can agree with it making your make up last for 16 hours looking like it’s been freshly done as I still find that I have to reapply some of my makeup throughout the day, however, I do not have to apply it as frequently maybe after 5/6 hours! For the cooling technology side of things, I haven't really used it to cool my face down due to all the lovely rain, but it does feel cool on the face when applied.

This has definitely been a “go to” product for me over the last few months and I will be repurchasing in the future! For £19.00 and the amount of time that it has lasted I feel it is worth the money!

Do you have a favourite make up setting spray?