Monday 4 June 2012

Barry M Magnetic Nail Paints


This week I decided to paint my nails Jubilee inspired for this bank holiday weekend! :) Barry M released their magnetic nail paints a few months ago and having a Barry M nail paint addiction I couldn’t help but pick them up!  For my Jubilee inspired nails I used Burgundy Magnetic on my ring fingers and Blue Magnetic on the rest. 

Left: Burgundy Right: Blue

The nail paint packaging comes with a “magnetic lid” which you pull off in order to get to the nail paint bottle underneath. On front of the “magnetic lid” there are golden patterns. At first I just thought this was a random design for the bottles but after using them on my nails I realised that the patterns on the lid are the patterns that appear on your nails for each nail paints. So, in my case, the Burgundy nail paint created a diagonal striped pattern when used with the magnetic and the Blue nail paint created a swirled pattern! 

If you’ve not used magnetic nail paints before they are very straight forward to use but it can be time consuming as to get the best results you cannot rush it! First I applied a base coat, Sally Hansen’s nailgrowth miracle, and then applied one coat of the nail paint to my nails, NOT USING THE MAGNET.  Once my nails were completely dry I then went nail by nail applying a thin coat of the polish, from experience the thinner the coat the better the pattern turns out, and then hovered the magnetic lid over my nail for around once and a half to two minutes. You have to be careful not to let the magnet touch the nail as it can affect the effect of the magnet when you use it in future. Once I repeated this on all my nails and let them dry I applied the Sally Hansen nailgrowth again as a topcoat and voila :)

I love magnetic nail polishes as they have such a unique effect on your nails and each nail is different from the rest!  :)

What’s your favourite type of polish?