Thursday 31 May 2012

Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter


I’ve been on the lookout for a hydrating lipstick for such a long time as in the past most lipsticks I’ve tried have been extremely drying, which isn’t helpful considering my lips have the tendency to be dry anyway. I’d heard amazing reviews of the Revlon lip butters from the US so I was excited to finally get my hand on some!

The two colours I picked up were number 005 in Sugar Frosting and number 055 in Cupcake. Sugar Frosting is a sheer nude and Cupcake is bright light pink. The application is beautiful, it just glides on your lips and is instantly moisturising. Although some colours come out sheer you can build them up by applying more coats to your lips leaving a shiny, healthy finish. The staying power of these lip balms is about one to two hours, but with such an easy application they are quick to apply on the go without the hassle of needing a mirror! However! They do have a tendency to melt easily so be careful where you store them!

Left: Sugar Frosting. Right: Cupcake.


Although not as affordable as they are in the states at £7.99, I still feel for a drug store brand you definitely get what you pay for and these amazing quality. Definitely going to be adding some more to my collection! :)