Wednesday 9 May 2012

Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara


Maybelline have recently released the new Illegal Length mascara here in the UK. This mascara contains fibre extensions to give the effect of longer lashes. It has a specially designed Fibre-Fix Brush and Sealing Formula which work together to build up your lashes and give you dramatic length. 

Upon reading this description on the back of the packet I couldn’t wait to give it a go. I’d been using the same mascara product for over a year, (obviously not the same tube!) and felt the need for a change! I have used a few fibre containing mascara’s before and although giving my lashes the length, they were often clumpy on the lashes and can be hard to work with. HOWEVER, after just one use of this mascara I fell in love with it! 

My lashes after 2 coats of mascara
Following the instructions on the back of the packet, after curling my lashes, I apply the mascara from roots to tip and then apply a second coat without waiting for the first one to dry. The effect on my lashes is amazing, definitely the best lengthening mascara I have ever used. It lasts on my lashes all day without smudging and washes off easily at night, which is a major bonus to me because I hate mascara’s where you have to literally scrub your eyes to get it off! At £8.99 I feel that this mascara is extremely affordable and worth every penny!