Wednesday 16 May 2012

Clearasil PerfectaWash


Whilst browsing the aisles at Superdrug a few weeks ago I spotted Clearasil’s PerfectaWash. PerfectaWash is Clearasil’s new automatic face wash dispenser. 

The dispenser itself is battery powered, has an on/off switch on the back and a sensor on the front. To insert the refill, which is supplied when you buy the dispenser, you turn it upside down and place it into the dispenser pushing it down until it clicks. The idea of PerfectaWash is that it delivers the perfect dose of the face wash helping to prevent waste of the product and, unlike with other face washes, you don’t use too much which can cause over-drying of the skin. 


There are two different refills you can purchase to use with the PerfectaWash. The one which the dispenser comes with is the Superfruit Extracts & Vitamin E refill and the second one available is the Soothing Plant and Vitamin E refill. Both refills are strong enough to help keep your skin clear but are kind enough on the skin to use once or twice a day. The Superfruit refill contains Raspberry and Cranberry extracts which are known for their antioxidant properties and help prevent the effects of UV radiation and pollution on the skin. The Soothing plant refill contains plant extracts which help with the reduction of skin redness. Both contain Vitamin E helping to nourish the skin and Salicylic acid to unblock pores, stimulate skin renewal and keep the skin clear. 

I have been using my Clinique Liquid Facial Soap for over a year and a half and, although it helped my skin to start with, my skin was still never completely clear and I did find that it dried my skin out. I started using the PerfectaWash around a month ago and I instantly noticed an improvement in my skin’s appearance and it is a lot clearer than it has been in a long time! I did feel like my skin was a little tight and dry after using it but I wouldn’t say it was to the extreme where I’d stop using the product.

Each refill says it lasts for 100 doses, so around 50 days if you use it day and night. I have used it pretty much daily for the last month and I am not even half way through the current refill. For £12.99 for the dispenser and first refill, £4.99 for each refill after and such amazing results I highly recommend this product if you are looking for a gentle, affordable facial cleanser!