Wednesday 30 January 2013

Max Factor Clump Defy Volumising Mascara



If like me you live in the UK it has been pretty much impossible to notice the advertising for Max Factors new mascara, from the back of magazine covers to TV adverts. This new mascara is Max Factors Clump Defy Volumising Mascara. 

 
I love trying new mascaras and am always on the lookout for drug store bargains, so when I saw this on offer in Superdrug last week for £7.99, usually £10.99, I had to pick it up. This mascara claims to achieve lashes which are both volumised and defined without clumps! This is down to the new “Anti-clumps” brush. This brush is the first “clump-free lash loading brush” used by Max Factor and this is down to the brushes “tight, evenly spaced bristles stopping clumps forming and hugs the lashes to define and separate.” 


I have been using this mascara every day since I picked it up and I have to say it definitely does what it says on the tin. My lashes were separated, lengthened and, with a few layers applied, looked noticeably thicker. 


I love the fact that this mascara does not have a wet formula. I feel this makes it so much easier to work with and helps avoid clumpy lashes. The mascara comes in two colours, black and black/brown. As I have naturally black lashes I picked up the darker of the two.  The only thing that would make this mascara better for me is if it came in a waterproof option. I tend to have an oily skin in the eye area and usually go for waterproof mascaras to avoid panda eyes, which unfortunately does happen with this mascara after wearing it for a long period of time. 

Have any of you tried out this new mascara?
Thank you for reading :)