Thursday 19 July 2012

40 Beauty Questions Tag


I wish I was here.
As it's pouring down with rain outside and I'm all snuggled up in the warm, you wouldn't believe it's July, I thought I would do this tag for you.I know that these sort of tags are typically found on YouTube, but I thought it would be fun to do so that you can find out more about me and my make up and skincare preferences! :)

SKINCARE

-How many times do you wash your face daily?
I wash my face twice a day. In the morning before I apply my makeup and then again in the evening to remove it.

-What skin type do you have? (dry,oily,combo)
I have combination skin. I have an oily t-zone with the rest of my face normal/dry although my whole face tends more to the dry side during the winter.

-What is your current facial wash?
My current facial wash is Clinique’s Liquid Facial Soap.

-Do you exfoliate?
Yes I do, I tend to exfoliate every other day to every few days.

-What brand do you use?
I’m guessing this is in relation to the previous question and the product I use to exfoliate my skin is St Ive’s Apricot Scrub for sensitive skin. This product is gentle enough to use every few days.

-What moisturizer do you use?
I am currently using Liz Earle’s Skin Repair moisturiser for dry/sensitive skin.

-Do you have freckles?
I do have freckles :)

-Do you use eye cream?
I use Simple’s Soothing Eye Balm in the morning under my makeup and  Nivea’s Aqua Sensation Anti-Shadow cream in the evening as it is a thicker formulation.

-Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
I’ve been quite lucky to never have acne prone skin, although I do tend to break out when I’m under stress, such as the exam period.

-Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
No, I have never used it.

MAKE-UP

-What foundation do you use?
At the moment I am using Rimmel’s Wake Me Up foundation.

-How about concealer?
I tend to only need concealer under my eyes, for which I am using Maybelline’s Dream Lumi Touch concealer.

-Do you know your undertone colour?
I have a yellow undertone :)

-What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I love the look using fake eyelashes can give your eyes, not the over dramatic ones, but I tend to only use them on special occasions as I’m always petrified taking them off.

-Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months?
I did know that :)

-What brand of mascara do you use?
I change up my mascara’s a lot so at the moment I am using Maybelline’s Illegal Length and Benefit’s Bad Girl.

-Sephora or MAC?
Since we don’t have a Sephora in the UK I shall have to say MAC.

-Do you have a MAC Pro-card?
Unfortunately no.

-What makeup tools do you use in make up application?
I use make up brushes and an eye curler whilst applying my makeup.

-Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
I don’t tend to wear a lot of eye shadows, but when I do I use Urban Decay’s Primer Potion.

-For the face?
I pretty much always wear a primer underneath my face makeup. I am currently using Stila’s One Step Correct.

-What is your favourite eye shadow (colour or shade)?
Like I previously mentioned I don’t wear a lot of eye shadow. However, my favourite eye shadow is in the Naked 2 palette and it is Half Baked, which is a pretty shimmery gold.

-Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
I use liquid eyeliner on my top last line and I used to wear pencil on the bottom lash line but I now use Maybelline’s gel eyeliner.

-How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
Never since I don’t really wear it.

-What do you think of pigment eye shadows?
I’ve never used them personally, but I’ve heard they can be really hard to work with.

-Do you use mineral makeup?
I’ve been trying out bareMinerals original SPF 15 foundation but I’m not getting on with it really well to be honest as it doesn’t give enough coverage for my skin.

-What is your favourite lipstick?
My favourite lipstick is a Revlon lip butter in Cupcake.

-How about lip gloss?
I don’t have a favourite lip gloss as I can’t stand it when my hair sticks to my lips. Eurgh.

-What is your favourite blush to use?
My favourite blush is Benefit’s Dallas.

-Do you buy your makeup on ebay?
I have never bought makeup on ebay.
 
-Do you like drugstore makeup?
I love it :)

-Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets)
I’ve never been to one.

-Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
I’ve never really thought about going to them as I’m busy with work and uni.

-Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
I try not to be although I have been known to poke myself in the eye with a mascara wand.

-Name a makeup crime that you hate?
The foundation ring around the edge of the face where it hasn’t been blended into the neck!

-Do you like colourful shades of makeup (lipstick,eyeshadow) or neutral ones?
I’m more of a neutral girl :)

-Which celebrity always has great make up?
I LOVE Kim Kardashian’s makeup, it always looks flawless.

-If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item, what would you use?
Mascara.

-Could you ever leave the house without any makeup on?
Yes, I could and I do!

-Do you think you look good even without any makeup on?
I wouldn’t say I have perfect skin, it’s not terrible, but wearing makeup makes me feel more confident.

-In your opinion, what is the BEST makeup line?
Oohh this is difficult, I’m going to say the best BRAND in the drugstore is definitely Revlon.

-What do you think of Makeup??
I love makeup; it’s become a slight addiction of mine. I think that makeup should be used to enhance your features :)

Thank you for taking the time to read this! If you want to copy the questions and leave your answers as a comment or link me to your blog where you have done this quiz I would love to read it!