Wednesday 4 July 2012

Stila One Step Correct

First a quick apology for the lack of posts and being totally MIA lately! I’ve been working practically every day and had tonnes on uni work to catch up on, which is thankfully now all done, so I  now have more time to get back in the blogging swing of things :) Now onto the point of this post!

I’d finished my Benefit Porefessional a few weeks ago so was on the hunt to find a new primer when Stila’s One Step Correct caught my eye in Boots. The One Step Correct is a serum which claims to act as a primer, brightener and colour corrector whilst nourishing your skin all at the same time. What’s not to love about that?

The product feature which automatically caught my eye was the triple helix of colours within the serum. The three brighteners are green, lavender and peach and each have different purposes for the skin:

Green – Minimises any redness
Lavender – Counteracts sallow (yellow) undertones
Peach – Brightens, illuminates and helps diminish the appearance of sunspots on the skin

The one thing I don’t always like about serums is sometimes they can make my skin really oily, especially under liquid foundation. However this serum quickly dried on my skin, minimising my pores, leaving my skin feeling soft and hydrated, and evening out my complexion - a perfect base for my foundation! I’ve been using this primer everyday for around a month now and it hasn’t broken my skin out and helps my makeup last for hours!

Having a pump mechanism instead of being in a tube is an added bonus as one pump is more than enough product for one application. As I mentioned I’ve been using this product for around a month and I’m not even halfway through the tube yet! Although on the pricey side, £24.00, I feel like this product is definitely worth the splurge and I will certainly be repurchasing in the future!