Tuesday 17 July 2012

TRESemme Split Remedy: Shampoo and Conditioner


I’m forever changing my shampoo and conditioners in search of the perfect one for my hair. My hair is naturally dry and coarse, due to its curliness, as well as dry and damaged from heat use even though I try not to use heat on it every day. When I saw the TRESemme Split Remedy collection advertised on television I just had to give it a go, it couldn’t hurt right?

The shampoo and conditioner promises to repair split ends by up to 80% after just 3 uses whilst leaving your hair looking smoother and healthier without weighing it down. As well as this, they promise to prevent further damage to your hair and be gentle enough for daily use.


Now down to the nitty gritty. After the first use I was not impressed at all! The shampoo felt sticky and did not lather up that greatly so I didn’t feel like my hair was being cleansed in the slightest. As my hair is mid to long length I used around a palm sized amount of the conditioner at a time, leaving it in my hair for the recommended three minutes before combing through and rinsing it out. When my hair dried it still felt sticky, coarse and actually drier than it was previously. However, I gave these products a chance and continued to use them to the point where I’d used up half the bottles. After this I gave up as the products continued to dry my hair out and I saw zero improvement in my hairs condition.

These products retail for £4.99 each and although they aren’t the most expensive products in the world, I don’t feel they do anything different to any other shampoo and conditioner. For this reason I won’t repurchase these again!

Have any of you tried this collection? How did they work on your hair?