Tuesday 21 August 2012

Festival Essentials


As I have just returned V Festival where I spent the last weekend and this was my fifth year on the trot camping there, I thought I would do a post of all my festival beauty essentials!
Washing
Most festivals do offer shower facilities, however, I don’t personally like to use them as they aren’t the cleanest places on the earth. Since you’re guaranteed to get cover in some form of liquid from beer to the lovely people who decide to throw wee, not washing is really not an option.

My solution? BABY WIPES! You can get your hands on these whether they supply baby goods so supermarkets, boots, etc and they aren’t expensive either. You can use these morning and night to freshen up and get rid of that typical festival smell! I swear by these...especially when I came home the first time and got told I didn’t smell as bad as they expected. LOVELY! I also take the usual deodorant and body spray to freshen up during the day.


Hair

Like I mentioned with the washing situation I don’t really like to use the showers, so when it comes to my hair it’s tricky. I tend to wash my hair either the night or the morning I am setting off to leave so that it’s fresh for that day and the next. Dry shampoo is always a must to give your hair a quick clean and hairspray to keep your hair frizz free as I feel it is so much easier to go au-natural with your hair because you never know what the weathers going to be like. Last year I did notice that there was a booth just out the camp where you could pay to use GHD’s (something like £3 for 5 minutes) so if not going natural is an option there is also that possibility. I also buy a cheap bottle of water or two (I found 2 litres of water for 17p at Tesco) to rinse my hair out on the 2nd or 3rd morning where it has got sticky or just feels gross.


Face

Minimal makeup is the easiest way forward at festivals so you don’t have to lug your whole makeup bag around with you. This year I took my Garnier BB Cream, Colourstay Powder  to set the BB cream a little, L’Oreal True Match concealer, Nars Laguna Bronzer, Maybelline Illegal Length Lashes waterproof mascara and a my favourite Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting. This can easily be topped up during the day and will give you a fresh look when you’re spending nearly 12 hours a day walking around and watching the acts!


In terms of removing my makeup and skin care I still have the miniatures that I took on holiday left over to use this weekend too! This includes simple face wipes, a miniature Clinique toner, and a small tube of Nivea moisturiser.


Another must I found this weekend that I was glad I took was sun cream. This year on the Saturday the temperature was over 30*C , although it felt more like 100*C, and still in the high 20’s on the Sunday. Slapping on the factor 50 was definitely a good idea and didn’t get burnt as badly as some people I saw!  Also taking after sun for the evening to help soothe any burns or moisturising in general is a good idea!


I had an amazing weekend and hoping to get tickets again for next year! I’ve got festival blues atm :(

Did any of you go to V Festival or been to/going to any festivals this summer?