Thursday 9 August 2012

Summer Holiday Nail Picks


I’m finally back from my two week summer holiday, hence the lack of posts recently, and couldn’t wait to get back into the blogging routine! :)

Since I’m not allowed to wear polish or false nails for work I took up the opportunity to try a few polishes and nails I had been saving for a while! After reading about Impress nails on fleurdeforce’s blog I went out and grabbed some for my holiday. The set comes with 10 different nail sizes for each hand. I have quite small nails so I was a little worried that there wouldn’t be sizes to fit as most false nail sets don’t, however, I was pleasantly surprised at the size range it contained! The thing I loved most about these nails is the simplicity of applying them.  In the past when attempting to apply false nails I usually get the glue all over my fingers, put on too much or not enough and it is always a complete disaster! To apply these nails you peel off the plastic from the back of the nail, press the nail onto yours and hold for around 30 seconds to a minute. You can file the nails down to the length you like but I don’t feel like they are incredibly long as they come. These nails lasted for 5 days for me until 1 or 2 started to peel off (they probably would’ve lasted longer if I didn’t get tonnes of sand underneath them!) 

£8.99 - Style, TGI Friday
After I had removed my Impress nails I changed my nails colour every 3 or 4 days. The polishes I took with me were the Max Effect mini nail polishes as I find they are both good quality and take up zero room in your suitcase! I also purchased a few of these polishes whilst on holiday as they were only 2.50, which when I worked this price out in pounds was equivalent to around £1.90 compared to the UK price of £3.99. BARGAIN :)

The three colours I choose were Diva Coral, Chilled Lilac and Mellow Yellow. All are my favourite colours for summer and I felt they really helped to show off my tan! (Added bonus for me as I don’t tan easily/don’t love lying in the sun!) As I mentioned they are all amazing quality giving opaque coverage after two coats and, although I changed them every few days, the polish had not chipped at all!

Diva Coral
Chilled Lilac
Mellow Yellow