Monday 13 August 2012

Olympic Inspired Nails – Feat. Barry M


Well the London 2012 Olympic games have come to an end. I have to admit, as I live about 20 minutes away from Stratford, I was not looking forward to all the hassle that was going to come along with the games. HOWEVER, I actually enjoyed and watched the games more than I ever have before and now that it’s over I’m missing it already! After watching the closing ceremony last night I am feeling even more patriotic than ever so I decided to paint my nails this week with a Team GB theme. 

My nail polishes of choice were from my good old faithful Barry M collection. The polishes I am using are from a year and a half or so ago, back when Barry M polishes didn’t have names, so I’ll attach the numbers to the colours and you might be able to find the specific shades if you want to!

(Excuse the disgusting state of my fingers)
I used a dark navy blue (291) on both my thumbs and middle fingers, red (262) on my index and little fingers and, instead of the traditional white, I decided to use a glittery gold (289) on my ring fingers to represent the amazing 29 gold medals Team GB won these games! 

Wenlock one of the london 2012 mascots :)
Well done to all the countries and athletes that took part in the London 2012 games! Now to look forward to the Paralympics! What was your favourite part about the London 2012 Olympics?