Monday 8 October 2012

Barry M Gelly Effect Nail Polish



Barry M have recently released a new collection of Gelly effect nail polishes and, as you can probably tell if you’ve read my blog for a while, I am a sucker for Barry M nail polish and have been using them for years. The collection contains 9 different colours, all perfect for the coming autumn and winter months. Before going crazy and buying them all, not that my collection really needs more polishes, I just decided to pick up two colours and both happen to be purple shades.


The first polish is a light lilac shade in “Prickly Pear”.


The second polish is a deep purple, almost black, shade in “Plum”.


I have tried these two polishes in turn over the last week and a bit and was instantly impressed. They both have a good consistency, with opaque coverage in just two coats. The finishing look has a “hi-shine” finish, and when compared to my mum who has gel nails on at the moment, they look extremely similar. The polishes lasted around 4 to 5 days before chipping and that was without a top coat, so I feel like they would last even longer with one!!

For £3.99, instead of forking out £30+ for a set of gel nails, the quality of these polishes are amazing and I can see myself slowly collecting the rest of the shades over the next few months.

Have any of you tried these polishes? What were your thoughts?