Friday 12 October 2012

O.P.I Nail Envy – Matte



My nails have been driving me absolutely crazy over the last year and a half and no matter what strengthening polishes I have used, from a variety of brands, nothing has helped. Due to having to wash my hands numerous times of day at work my nails had gotten extremely thin, I could bend them in half and they were breaking easily. BUT a month or so ago my boyfriend’s sister overhead me complaining about my nails and introduced me to THE most amazing nail product I have used and is now my holy grail product.

TA-DAA


The holy grail product I am talking about it O.P.I’s Nail Envy! I’m aware that they do quite a range of products in the Nail Envy collection, but the one I use is Nail Envy Matte. In my current job you are not supposed to wear nail polish, but since this one gives a matte finish, no one can tell...shhhh! :) The main purpose of this polish is to strengthen your nails, although when I am painting my nails a different colour I use this as a base coat. When you first apply this polish to your nails you apply two coats and then one coat every other day for a week, then you remove the layers and start again. I did find that after you’re up to 3 or 4 coats it does start peeling/chipping off, so I tend to start again every 4 days, rather than leaving it for a week.

Although this is on the pricey side of £18.55, I feel like this is the only polish that has actually done what it claims to do. My nails are now rock solid, they don’t bend and because of this they are growing amazingly well! Worth the splurge in my opinion!

Do any of you have this nail problem? What products do you use to help?