Saturday 6 October 2012

Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base SPF 15



I actually purchased this product a few months ago when I was on holiday in Majorca. I saw it for 15 Euros, equivalent to around £11.80, in the local pharmacy where I was staying and since it was cheaper than the UK price of £16.00 I decided to pick it up.
 Over the last few months I have developed an extremely uneven skin tone and a lot of redness, why it’s suddenly got bad I do not know, but I thought I would give this a try after doing a bit of research on it previously. This Clinique product contains SPF 15 and protects against UVA/UVB exposure, which can aggravate skin types with redness and does not contain chemical sunscreens. As well as targeting redness and evening your skin tone, this product actually doubles up as a primer. 

When I first used this product I was weary of the green tint, especially when you first put it on your face and it gives it a noticeable greenish colour! However, when you work it into your skin you can see a difference in the redness and the skin tone is noticeably evened out.  The primer is oil-free and this was a major bonus as my makeup applied over the top lasted for hours, practically all day (12 hours), without sliding off my face or me having to touch up during the day.
This product is suitable for all skin types, so from super dry to oily, and is fragrance free so if you have sensitive skin like me, it shouldn’t cause you to break out. I feel like this product does exactly what it says on the tin, it noticeably helps my skin tone and is one of the best primers I have used so I’ll be repurchasing in the future.