Thursday 28 February 2013

Barry M Textured Nails – Kingsland Road



If you’ve been following developments in the nail polish world you may know that the latest trend is “textured nails.” Companies, such as Nails Inc, have produced concrete, leather and denim textured nail polishes, but they aren’t on the cheap side at a starting price of £12. However, when I was out shopping recently you may have seen, from my previous Superdrug Haul post (if you haven’t had a chance to take a look at that click here), that I picked up a textured polish by Barry M from Superdrug. The colour I picked up was a pale pink in Kingsland Road and they retail at £3.99 each.

When first applied it looks as though you are applying any other polish as it’s not lumpy or bubbly as I had expected. When the polish dries the “texture” starts to appear. I would say that it gives a matte concrete effect on the nails and feel that it is a fresh and different look for the upcoming spring time! The only advice I would give is to make sure that you let the coats of polish fully dry first. When I first applied this polish I didn’t leave long enough between coats and the effect which was appearing from the first coat smeared completely.

Have you tried any texture effect nail polishes recently? What are your favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.