Wednesday 20 February 2013

Superdrug Haul



I went on a little shopping trip with my mum today and since it’s been a long time since I’ve been shopping I thought I would take a look at the new product releases in the drugstore and repurchase some necessities. Here is what I bought!
TRESemme Touchable Finish Hairspray (£4.69)

I recently ran out of my current hairspray and was in desperate need of a new one so I picked up TRESemme’s touchable finish hairspray. I’ve used this hairspray in the past and it gives a fast drying, strong hold and adds shine to your hair! Being a strong hold hairspray you would think that it makes your hair rock solid but nope,  this hairspray has a touchable finish and brushes out easily, which is one of the reasons why I love it. Superdrug are currently having a promotion on selected TRESemme products, 2 for £6.99, so I picked up the biggest size available.

TRESemme Frizz Control Finishing Cream (£4.69)

The second TRESemme product I picked up, included in the promotion, was the Frizz Control Finishing Cream. I’ve been using the John Frieda over the last few weeks, but I’m not a massive fan of it. In order to control my frizz, (I have curly hair so my hair is naturally frizzy just in case you haven’t read my blog before), I needed to apply quite a bit of product and, as a result, it made my hair go greasy.  Hopefully I will have more luck with this product!


Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Cleansing Wipes (£2.00)

I’ve used Simple face cleansing wipes for a while but I have never used these particular oil balancing wipes, which are supposed to help control shine. Since they were on offer for £2.00 I thought I would give them a whirl and see if they can help get my oily skin under control!


Barry M Textured Nail Polish in Kingsland Road (3.99) 

You know I am a sucker for nail polish if you have been reading my blog for a while and when I saw this new release from Barry M I just couldn’t pass it up! I picked up a beautiful pretty pale pink and will upload a review when I’ve tried it out!

Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in Fair (5.99) 

I’ve heard a lot of good things about Revlon’s Nearly Naked line which they recently released and since I am nearly out of my Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder I thought I would try a new one. Let’s see if it lives up to my love of the Rimmel Stay Matte powder!


Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara (£5.99 – usually £7.99) 

Drugstore makeup brands have been releasing loads of new mascara’s lately and I read FleurdeForces blog on this particular release from Rimmel and since it was on offer I just couldn’t resist trying it out! (I have no will power with my debit card today – good job pay day is soon!)  I will posting a blog review on this product soon!

L’Oreal Superliner Blackbuster Eyeliner (£6.99) 

Lining my top lash line has become a new craze of mine so I thought I would get a new liner to try out. This particular eyeliner is an extra black marker style, so we shall see how I get on with it!


So, that’s what I purchased from Superdrug today! I went a little crazy but hey, it’s been a while! Have you tried any of these products? Let me know in the comments :)